The Governor

Honestly, I know NOTHING about engines.  I HAVE heard of a "governor" related to an engine though.  I looked it up thinking it might help me describe why the Fast-5 approach to eating has been and IS so successful for me.  Wikipedia says that a governor (or speed limiter) is a device used to measure and regulate the speed of a machine.

 Bingo! 

That is the PERFECT description of how the five hour "window" of eating works for me.
When it's "open", I eat.
Usually a meal and then later a snack of fruit or peanut butter wrap
or something ELSE that I've made or saved to enjoy when I am hungry.
My appetite is regulated by this.  
I don't get anxious or spend exorbitant amount of time and emotional energy
worrying about what to eat. 
I've been consistent in this pattern since February 6.
My State of mind and body have a good Governor!

4 comments:

  1. I am finding this works for me...it is a slow...but consistent weight reduction. I am entering week three...I have a lot to lose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee! I am SO excited that it is working! Did you join the facebook page for it or not?

      Delete
  2. I stumbled upon your thrifty blog via pinterest then popped over here to check your weight loss blog. Congratulations - you're doing so well! I've read the fast5 method - very interesting. I don't think I would find it hard as I've fasted before and actually find it easier than trying to decide what to eat and then over-eating once I start. It may be a social challenge though. But I'm willing to give it a try. I'm impressed that it's offered for free. I'm very cynical about the weight loss industry. And I've certainly paid far too much for no lasting results. Not that I blame them though - I'm the one who overeats.

    Anyway - I have about 20 pounds to lose and I'm going to give this a try.Thanks for writing about your weight loss adventures. I hope that I can be as successful as you are.

    Many blessings
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I have a blog too - http://kathie.squarespace.com/

    ReplyDelete