Dine Well

I "dined well" last night. Two friends and I went to see Julia and Julia. We were charmed by the story line that connected the great and late chef, Julia Child, with a blogger (!) also named Julia who prepared a recipe from Child's cookbook every night for 365 days.

After the movie, we went out to eat at Chappell's. The Virginia Wolf quote on the blackboard greeted us as we entered. Chappell's is known for their seafood, so although it was quite expensive, I ordered the salmon - black and bleu. I dined well and brought home 1/2 of my food to enjoy today.

"Dining well" HAS increased my capacity to think, love, and sleep better, I believe. For me, a healthy diet means dining well.

4 comments:

  1. You are such a heart treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does dining well mean? Does it mean eating salmon every time you go out for dinner? Do you ever have a piece of chocolate cake or key lime pie or a hot fudge sundae?

    I presume that dining well means eating healthy and yes, I agree that will help me think, love and sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, I suppose it means different things to different people at different times. How's that for a diplomatic answer?! Gary and I are currently more likely to split a small DQ Turtle Blizzard now than each one eating a large one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your post to my husband, my way of lobbying to see the movie...or is it solely a chick flick? Everybody is talking about it...sounds like you had a great evening with friends!

    ReplyDelete