BECOMING....not GETTING

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals. (Zig Ziglar)

They were simple goals, but they were the impetus I needed yesterday to break out of the lethargy that had settled in over me like a heavy fog.  I happily reviewed my day as I went to bed last night and realized I had actually accomplished  all three "30s"!  Not only that, but I saw this beautiful lilac bush as I took my 30 minute walk. 
I am becoming.
I have new & simple goals for today.
30 minutes walking
20 chapters read for Read-through-the-Bible plan
30 minutes reading A Year in Tuscany

8 comments:

  1. Lovely Lilac bush, wonderful that you met your three thirties yesterday. I was trying to read more Ecclesiastes last night but the print was so small! I brought it downstairs where there is good light! Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! Good for you that you walked today. I did laps, followed by aqua aerobics class. So I felt good about that. Take care and enjoy the lilacs! Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Miss Rebecca, I have always admired your discipline......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Miss Bernie...definitely admire your discipline..beautiful lilac bush...too bad they don't last longer...peonies are starting to bloom..have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! And isn't it blissful when a goal is reached?!
    Keep going!
    You inspire me!
    Love to you,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three 30's...now that seems doable and life changing. Sounds like new habits to me. =)
    Just think I'll join you in this.
    My resolve to get "a new grip" was lacking definition, so, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete