Healthy Eating - No Excuses!






My short morning visit to Donna's home brought unexpected pleasures with it! She loaded me up with produce from their large and well-tended garden. The beets are already on the stove top boiling. I'll fix up some of my grandmother's dressing for the lettuce and munch with pleasure on the raw kohlrabi.





I had no sooner pulled out of her driveway than I noticed these two fawn. The movement of my car frightened them, and they bounded further into the field in PERFECT rhythm. No ballet performance could match their symphony of movement. I slowed the car in hopes that I might be able to photograph them. They stopped to pose, and I snapped the camera.

What a lovely morning it was! Thanks to Donna and her sister, Brenda, the photographer of the two smaller photos.

3 comments:

  1. Oh it is so wonderful to eat fresh produce right off the warm earth!

    Enjoy them dear friend ;)

    lady m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped in to see your photo Rebecca...I think it is beautiful...the whole scene would make a beautiful painting...and Donna seems to know what she's doing...great garden!

    ReplyDelete