Walking, Wonderful Walking!



Yesterday we spent a couple of hours "house and garden walking" -- a ticketed tour of homes in the West Central Neighborhood of Fort Wayne (IN).  It was good for me to be active.  The walk wasn't a brisk one but just right for a body that has been confined to sitting in a recliner with a heating pad under the shoulder!
 The day was pleasant and this particular yard was enchanting!
Today we have a potluck meal after our annual "outdoor church service".
I plan to make good food choices 
and start my week in a healthy way.

If you take two steps forward and one step back, you’re still getting someplace.
Don't give up the moment you slip up. Press on!
(Motivation to Live Well, 9/11/11)

What I did right:  Vitamin, a bit of exercise, weighed, posted.

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, I love that you are taking it one step at a time and acknowledging what you have done right. Change is a process. Getting healthy requires us to think healthy thoughts. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new background Rebecca. I sure was hoping that your shoulder was better by know. You brought back two memories for me of my mother. She used to love the garden tours, I only wish that she and I could have gone together once but just never quite made that happen. The second was that one big bird bath. She had that same one and I now have it. It sits in my yard where I can see it from my kitchen window and am reminded of her every time I look at it. Good for you for going on the tour despite the shoulder, you are a trooper!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete