1. Don’t eat egg salad from a vending machine.I selected all of these for my personal improvement, but #s 10 and 13 are very important for me to practice right now. How about you? Any of these? Or have you another "wind" blowing YOUR sails?
2. Don’t eat anything that took more energy to ship than to grow.
3. If you are not hungry enough to eat an apple, then you’re not hungry
4. Avoid snack foods with the “oh” sound in their names: Doritos, Cheetos, Tostitos, Ho Hos, etc.
5. No second helpings, no matter how scrumptious.
6. It’s better to pay the grocer than the doctor.
7. You don’t get fat on food you pray over. (Meals prepared at home, served at the table and given thanks for are more appreciated and more healthful than food eaten on the run.)
8. Breakfast you should eat alone. Lunch you should share with a friend. Dinner, give to your enemy.
9. Never eat something that is pretending to be something else (artificial sweeteners, margarine, etc.)
10. Eat until you are seven-tenths full and save the other three-tenths for hunger.
11. Japanese simple rules in preparing each meal: GO HO – incorporate five different cooking methods, GO SHIKI – incorporate five colors, GO MI – incorporate five flavors.
12. Remember: each additional bite is generally less satisfying than the previous bite. So slow down, savor the first bites, stop eating sooner.
13. When drinking tea, just drink tea. (Don't be distracted while eating.) When you’re eating, don’t talk about other past meals, whether better or worse. Focus on what’s in front of you.
-5# IN 21 DAYS