Channeling My Appetite


I have a goal - to spend the next 7 days eating fruits, vegetables, nuts and yogurt.  I may have a bowl or two of oatmeal as well and no more than 2 tablespoons of peanut butter a day.

I prepared by shopping this morning. I was glad to find a large bag of apples on sale and some pears, too.  Of course, I also bought the usual bananas and a new container of raisins, one of our food "staples".

Vegetables were harder to select for some reason.  I bought some carrots, broccoli, and a couple of Roma tomatoes.  I had a package of cabbage slaw on hand and have some bags of frozen vegetables in the freezer.

I've gotten a little careless with quantities and food choices since arriving at my goal weight.  It's time to channel my appetite and pay attention to my habits.  I've chosen items that will satisfy my hunger over the next week and will celebrate success on February 1 when my extended family meets to celebrate February birthdays.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great and healthy idea Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish I had some of your self discipline, you would think living alone would be easier to plan healthy meals but it is not as I am always reaching for something easy.....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernie, I don't think it is EVER easy. This is the easiest for me - and I've deliberately given myself a simple and short assignment. I've done fine today. Tomorrow it may be more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be interested in hearing how you made out. I really like the idea of the "simple and short assignment". Now THAT sounds do-able!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might try some version of this next week. I'll need to get the groceries this weekend. I think hubby would do it with me. Please keep me posted on how it's working and what you would do differently if anything. Seriously, the idea of a "short assignment" is hooking me. I don't have to think about the rest of my life, just a week.

    ReplyDelete