Day 5 - 30 Minutes. Mission Accomplished "On the Way"

By the end of today, I will have achieved the goal of walking for 30 minutes 5 days out of the 7 in this week. (Right now, it is still raining...)

Since I couldn't walk just yet, I stepped on the scale before I showered and dressed for the morning. And a funny thing happened!

"On the way" to the short-term goal, I have come to meet a long-term goal: 159#! The last few pounds to this latter goal seemed unmovable. So I just concentrated on adding the daily walks this week. And what a joy to see the scale this morning!

I recall that it was "on the way" to their home in Emmaus that the two disciples met the risen Christ Jesus! I know it's good to have a goal and certainly to have the assurance of a Heavenly Home, but these long-term goals are "broken down" into small, daily bits of challenging living.

And Hallelujah! It is sometimes "on the way" that we, too, encounter the risen Christ Jesus in a most unexpected manner!
  • I will be "on the way" later today to complete Day 5's 30 minutes.
  • I will bask in the joy of a long-term goal achieved for a day or two.
  • And I will be listening to my body and to the "voice" of my risen Christ Jesus to see what the next goal should be in caring for this aging body "on the way" to my Heavenly Home.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have stayed consistent in my walking and exercise as well!! Now that it feels like a habit, I'm concentrating on eating healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats sweetie, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Rebecca,

    I am sending you an exuberant, "CONGRATULATIONS". What an inspiration you have been to me in a short period of time. What an amazing feeling of accomplishment you must have and also one of thanksgiving to our Lord.

    I look forward to seeing what your next goal will be.

    Many blessings to you my dear friend,
    Mrs. Teapot

    ReplyDelete