I asked Brenda for permission to post her comments that I read on another blog SOMEWHERE out there. She consented.
1. One day at a time.
2. It does not taste that good.
3. You are not that hungry.
4. The good feeling and tasting is so temporary.
5. Go for a walk.
6. I do not regret today what I did not eat yesterday.
7. All I need is one taste.
8. Eating something leftover is just as wasteful as throwing it away and probably more dangerous to my health.
9. Do you want to be full or thin?
I find this rationale and "self-talk" to be helpful!
Some of it (like #6 & #9) are statements that that are new to me.